Skip to main content

Back To School Wardrobe Essentials

The countdown to back to school is on! I look forward to back to school more than I do summer! Today I am giving you six of my back to school wardrobe essentials to kick start your preppy wardrobe for the new school year.

 1. A Go-To Tee Shirt
You know how I feel about my tee shirts. They are like my children, especially my Jadelynn Brooke ones. My go-to lazy outfit is a JLB tee, a pair of jeans cuffed, and my Jacks (depending on the weather). The one above is on my list currently and I am hoping to purchase it soon. Tip: I keep some of my favorite tees hanging in my closet just in case I'm too lazy to actually get dressed up for school one day so it's not wrinkled like I said in my Back to School Tips post. You can use my code SLMHS (in all caps) for 15% off JadelynnBrooke.com
 2. A Good Jacket
I love these Vineyard Vines Shep Shirts and I hope to get one for the new school year. These are perfect for throwing over your shirt during the school day when you get cold or you can wear it as a shirt for a more put together lazy day outfit. I also love my North Face jackets! If you don't like this style the fleece North Face jackets are wonderful. They come in a variety of colors and are less expensive (but not by much) than the Shep shirts. I like this style in particular because it feels like you are wearing a blanket! North Face tip: Wash your jacket in the washing machine but hang it up to dry for the softness to last longer.
 3. A Pearl Necklace
If you pay any attention to my blog you know I love my pearls! I wear pearls with literally every outfit! Whether their real pearls or not I feel like this is a staple in every classy girl's wardrobe. I wear them with jeans, dress, tees, everything. I love this KJP necklace and if you are wanting to purchase a good quality pearl necklace this one is perfect. If you don't want to spend a lot of money on pearls you can always string them your self. In the past I have bought a case of pearls and string and made pearl necklaces for me and my friends and doing it that way you save money and you can make different style pearl necklaces.
 4. A Nice Skirt
I am someone who dresses up frequently and whether or not you're the same way a skirt is good to have in your school wardrobe. If you dress up like me, this J Crew Sidewalk skirt can be styled so many ways but if you are someone who doesn't dress up this is still good to have for presentations and events.
5. Striped Tops
Me and striped articles of clothing have a very good relationship (if you don't believe me read these posts: here, here, here, here). You can see stripes worn on me five days out of seven. They are a must have! Since it's still warm outside I can't find my favorite striped boat neck tops on any site except for J Crew so click here to see those. The one featured above is perfect though, if you live in a hot place like Texas (like I do) and will be melting from the heat at school until January.

6. Jack Rogers
In 99% of my OOTD posts I am wearing Jack Rogers and it's because I wear them almost everyday. I'm going to be honest and say if you have any sort of foot/ ankle/ knee problem they are in no way comfortable but hey, beauty is pain, right? They look good with everything and you can dress them up or down. They are the perfect alternative to heels if you are someone like me who can't wear heels.

So those are some of my back to school wardrobe essentials, what are some of your back to school essentials?

Luv Ya!
Pink Einstein

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 21st Birthday + XOXO Dining Room Review

Last month I celebrated my 21st birthday at one of the most Instagramable restaurants in Dallas! If I were a restaurant, I'd definitely be XOXO Dining Room. From the pink building, to the picture-worthy garden, to the DJ's music selection, it could not have been a more perfect place to celebrate my 21st. 

5 Audrey Hepburn Movies Free to Watch With Amazon Prime

It rained the entire Memorial Day Weekend here so I spent the long weekend watching movies. Audrey Hepburn is my favorite actress so I spent the weekend binge watching classic movies starring Audrey. I came across five of her movies on Amazon that are free to watch with Prime and thought I would share in case you're in need of a rainy day movie too.

A Look Inspired by Lonestar Southern

 Putting together outfits has been a struggle recently. I have found myself many mornings standing in my closet just staring at my clothes. The other day I was scrolling through Kate from LonestarSouthern.com 's Instagram feed and saw that she had put together the cutest look with a ruffle sleeve top, jeans, and flats. I had all of those items in my closet so I decided to recreate her look. It was so easy to do and I had never thought of styling these pieces together.

Two Ways to Style Lilly Pulitzer During Winter

As you can probably guess I love Lilly Pulitzer. The bright fun prints are my favorite but they aren't quite suitable for winter. I would wear my Lilly shift dress everyday if I could but when it's 40 degrees outside a shift dress isn't weather appropriate. I came up with two ways to wear your Lilly during winter without freezing or looking out of place in your bright clothes.

Trend Tracking: Western T Shirts

Western and country style has been emerging more within the trendy side of the fashion world recently. Being from Texas, I think it's kind of fun.  Along with bright colored cowboy boots and cow print, you can find many popular fashion influencers wearing western-inspired graphic tees. Today I have rounded up some of my favorites that are all under $40.   YeeHaw T Shirt Wrangler T Shirt //  Cowboy T Shirt //  Cowgirl T Shirt //  Stay Wild T Shirt //  Let's Go Girls T Shirt //  Wild West T Shirt Shilo