Skip to main content

Life Lately Vol. 3


Ahh! I have been sooo busy lately! The lack of posts is partly due to the fact that my computer broke in November but also because my life has been so crazy (in the best way). I wanted to give you a little life update from the past couple of months. 




I have a great group of friends in my English class this year and they have got to be one of the best things that has happened to me this school year! One of the girls in my friend group is in theater so in November we went to support her and watch her perform in Rapunzel. The rest of us (there are five of us in total) all sat together and the play was a children's interactive play so we had fun laughing and interacting with the performers.


For my little sister's birthday we went to Reunion Tower in Dallas. If you have no clue what that is it's the cool building in the picture right after the Rapunzel pictures. They have a viewing deck at the top of the building where you can go outside and see all of Dallas and the surrounding areas. I had a ton of fun but since it was so high up it was freezing!

I have recently found a new hobby which is going to brunch at cute restaurants with McCray on the weekends. We found this little soda fountain in town that is adorable and they serve some of the best food! My go-to when we visit is half of a BLT and a cup of tomato basil soup, it sounds kind of weird but it's wonderful! I got a scoop of sherbet ice cream and all of their desserts are served in cute little containers like this mason jar!

 I was inducted into National Honor Society in November! It honestly feels so good to see that all of my hard work in school is paying off! So sorry for the awkward black boxes, for the privacy of my teacher and principal I covered their faces.
I went to my first college meeting! Earlier this month SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design) had a college meeting and workshop at the Ritz in Dallas. Because the school is in Georgia it was nice to learn more about the school without having to travel all the way to Georgia. My mom had never heard of this school before and would not take me on a tour of the campus without learning more about it and this meeting gave us both all the necessary info! Let me just say I've already planned on visiting the college this summer!
Because the meeting and drawing workshop were all day they had breakfast for us and it was fabulous! They had bubble tea, a fruit bar, three different coffee drinks, bacon and eggs, and best of all a DONUT WALL!! Look how cute it is! I guess the glory of this donut wall doesn't really show through in the picture but the whole wall was lined with donuts and they had donut trees as well. The donuts were no ordinary donuts, there were oreo donuts, peanut butter and jelly donuts, chocolate fudge donuts, and best of all bacon donuts!
The hotel is gorgeous and I just had to take a picture by the piano.
 I thought I would throw this picture in here to give you a little update on Pudge. He is getting so big! I got him to sit still just long enough for me to take this one picture and then he lost interest, he's worse than a toddler!
 A couple of Saturdays ago, my mom, little sister, and I spent the day in Dallas. It was a total girls day filled with hair cuts, Christmas shopping, and fun treats! There is a popsicle place in the Dallas area that I have been dying to go to called Steel City Pops, which I heard about in one of Brooke's posts and she is always eating at fabulous places so I knew these popsicles would be delicious! I finally had the chance to go that day and the popsicles were better than I had imagined!
 I got one of my favorite dessert flavors, pomegranate!
 All of the popsicles are made right in front of you. There are places that you can sit up against glass so you can watch the popsicles being made! This is a picture of all of the popsicle sticks lined up before they were used in popsicles.
Right across the street from Steel City Pops is JOY Macaroons and I was having such a hard time deciding as we were pulling up which one I wanted, a popsicle or macaroons but I was able to work my magic and get my mom to take us to both! We ate our popsicles in the restaurant and got macaroons to go.
 Aren't they so cute!

So now that I've caught you up on all the latest in my life I can't wait to get back on my regular blogging schedule!

Luv Ya!
Pink Einstein

Comments

  1. You are so beautiful! I would love to visit that tower in Dallas. It looks really amazing! And congrats in getting into Honor society! <3
    Simply Me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My 21st Birthday + XOXO Dining Room Review

Last month I celebrated my 21st birthday at one of the most Instagramable restaurants in Dallas! If I were a restaurant, I'd definitely be XOXO Dining Room. From the pink building, to the picture-worthy garden, to the DJ's music selection, it could not have been a more perfect place to celebrate my 21st. 

TJ Maxx Dressing Room Try On!

I did some more shopping but honestly are you surprised? My Step mom, MB and I went to TJ Maxx in search of some Lilly Pulitzer at a good price and I hit the jackpot! And I took pictures in the dressing room to do another try on! 

5 Audrey Hepburn Movies Free to Watch With Amazon Prime

It rained the entire Memorial Day Weekend here so I spent the long weekend watching movies. Audrey Hepburn is my favorite actress so I spent the weekend binge watching classic movies starring Audrey. I came across five of her movies on Amazon that are free to watch with Prime and thought I would share in case you're in need of a rainy day movie too.

A Day at Crocodile Encounters

In my  Spring Break Recap post  I mentioned going to a petting zoo and that I wanted to do a post about the adventure and that's what I am sharing with you today! The petting zoo was actually an alligator petting zoo that had other animals as well. The place was called Crocodile Encounters and it's near Houston. I must say that it was a bit sketchy (it was in some one's backyard!!) and I was a little bit nervous going in but it was a ton of fun! When you get there you enter through the gift shop where you can buy crocodile food that you can throw to them and lettuce you can feed to all of the other animals so we bought some to feed the animals. We didn't spend but a couple of hours there because this pale girl was quickly burning and I didn't want to be the color of a lobster the next day. And don't forget you can click on the pictures to view them larger!

Styling a Lilly Pulitzer Skirt

I recently purchased this "vintage' Lilly Pulitzer skirt from a thrift store and it has become one of my favorite spring clothing items. When I posted about this skirt on Instagram everyone went crazy so I thought it would be fun to share a couple of ways I have styled it so far.